Sunday, August 23, 2009

LESSONS!

Lessons I have learnt:

1. You have a 1 in 11 million chance of ever being in a plane crash, you would need to fly everyday for 350 thousand days to guarantee yourself a crash- and if you survive it, you will likely have a much more positive outlook on life.

2. In Morocco, if the roadlines are painted in white, the road is a permanent road. If the lines are yellow, the road isn't finished/ permanent.

3. In Europe, pharmacies are represented by green crosses out front of the store. In Morocco, a Muslim country, the are represented by green moons. And instead of the Red Cross, its the Red Moon. Interesting eh?

4. On our drives I've been thinking about the debate that was raging at home before I left- and I would rather be a cowboy than a pirate. I just think the lifestyle suits me better. I'd be better at it I think.

5. I can do cartwheels. I knew I could do cartwheels- past tense. Didn't know I still could. I was sufficiently impressed with myself. And on the beach no less.

6. I say whereabouts funny. I asked a question last night at dinner... Whereabouts is...? And everyone burst out laughing- whereABOUTS?! Who knew?

7. The peace symbol is a combination of the arm signals for N and D: they stand for nuclear disarmament.

there are more.. I just can't think of any right now.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad you can do kartwheels! you are pretty darn good at them too, let me tell you! haha

    missing you in morocco... thanks for the fun blog!

    whereABOUTS! haha

    -Ryan (just call me Sugar)

    ReplyDelete